Online applications are invited from Mongolian nationals who wish to study in the United Kingdom at postgraduate (Master) level for the next academic year, which starts in September/October 2023.
Through the Chevening/MES Partnership Scholarships Scheme, the British and Mongolian Governments jointly invest in talented individuals with focused career plans, the potential to become influential leaders in their field and the desire to contribute to Mongolia's future. The scholarships cover tuition fees, travel costs and living expenses.
The Chevening/MES Partnership Scholarships Scheme offers:
- access to high quality British education.
- an opportunity to obtain a postgraduate Master’s qualification (MSc, MA, LLM, MBA).
- the stimulating experience of being part of a dynamic international community of Chevening scholars.
Priority will be given to applicants who want to pursue studies in fields that support the following objectives:
- a. International relations.
- b. Environment and Climate change.
- c. Business, economics and innovation.
- d. Good governance, human rights and democracy.
A successful candidate should:
- be a Mongolian citizen at the time of applying for the award and intend to return to Mongolia at the end of the period of study;
- already hold a degree that is equivalent to at least a UK second-class honours degree;
- have completed at least two years work or equivalent experience by the end of September in the year prior to the academic year for which the scholarship applies;
- have good English language skills (a minimum IELTS score of 6.5. Some courses, eg law, also require a higher IELTS score)
- have not already received or be receiving financial benefit from a British Government funded scholarship;
- have a track of record of excellence and achievement in their field;
- have a clear idea about how their scholarship will benefit Mongolia on their return;
- be able to demonstrate that they have leadership potential;
- employees, employees’ relatives (or former employees who have left employment less than two years before) of the British Government and or any of its wholly-owned subsidiaries will not be eligible to apply for the Award.
If you are interested in becoming a Chevening/MES Partnership Scholar in 2023/24 please apply from 2 August to 1 November 2022 online at www.chevening.org/apply
More information about the Scholarships can be found at https://www.chevening.org/mongolia and www.mecss.gov.mn
The closing date for applications is 01 November 2022 (Midday GMT)